Super Simple Lasagna
- 1 box of Lasagna noodles
- 1-2 cans of Tomato sauce (I prefer “Ragu” Meat Flavor or you can make your own)
- Salt and pepper
- Mozzarella cheese (A lot)
- Cheddar Shredded Cheese (A lot)
- 1 Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1-2 pounds of ground beef, or ground turkey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown the meat, add salt and pepper to taste, and drain the fat, then add the sauce
- Cook the noodles (add salt and oil to the water)
- Start assembling the lasagna, layer after layer. I start adding a spoon full of the sauce to the bottom of the pan, then noodles, then sauce/meat, then cheddar, mozzarella, and chunks of cream cheese. Repeat all steps until you either finish ingredients or run out of space.
- Top the lasagna with a mixture of the cheeses and some sauce/meat
- Bake, uncovered, for approximately 20 minutes.
This is my recipe, my interpretation of a lasagna in a budget. Adding the cream cheese, replaces all the other cheeses most recipes call for, the taste is fabulous. This recipe is delicious and definitely budget friendly.