Thanksgiving is around the corner, and we all have that one dish that screams “Holidays” in our homes. For my family, is my apple pie! According to my kiddos, it is the best pie they have ever had. I usually make some pies for my husband’s co-workers throughout the year. However, I make this apple pie during Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is the one dish the kids are looking forward to. So, I decided to share my recipe with you all 🙂
Apple Pie Ingredients
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP corn starch
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of regular sugar
- 1 TBSP butter, softened
- 1 TSP ground cinnamon
- 1/4 TSP ground nutmeg
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 6 cups peeled and sliced apples (I use granny smith)
- Pastry for double crust 9″ pie
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 TSP of water
Preheat oven at 450 degrees.
- Stir together lemon juice and cornstarch.
- Combine brown sugar, sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and the cornstarch mixture.
- Add the apples, toss and let the mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- Brush egg-wash over crust and bake for 40 minutes.
It is a tasty apple pie 🙂