Today’s dinner was chicken fajitas. I was in the mood for something fresh and flavorful. A couple of weeks ago I came across an all purpose seasoning. Frontera classic fajita skillet sauce with chipotle and lime is the perfect marinate for this simple yet tasty fajita recipe.
- 1 Frontera Classic Fajita Skillet Sauce with chipotle and lime
- 1 pound of chicken breast, cut in slices
- 1 onion, peeled, and sliced
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- salt and black pepper to taste
- sour cream
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- flour tortillas
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- Toppings: in this recipe I used avocados, tomatoes and cheddar cheese
- Placed the chicken in a deep enough container to allow the Frontera sauce to cover the chicken. Marinate for at least an hour, overnight is always better 🙂
- In a dutch pan, add 2 tablespoons of canola oil, temperature on medium high. Add the chicken. Cook the chicken stir-fry style, constantly moving around. Once the chicken is fully cooked. Remove the chicken and place the chicken on bowl and set aside.
- Add the onions and peppers to the dutch pan, cook the peppers until desired tenderness. Always salt and pepper your veggies when they come out of the pan.
- Placed the tortillas in a microwave safe dish, and warm up tortillas for 45 seconds. The start the assembly line 🙂
I hope you enjoy!!! My kiddos said that it was delicious…I describe them as finger licking good…you will get messy!!! Enjoy!!! Any comments are greatly appreciated 🙂
This is my own recipe, I did not receive any compensation for writing about any of the ingredients mentioned in my recipe.by