1/4 cup of water
1 1/2 cup of sugar
1 can on coconut milk
1 can of evaporated milk
1 1/2 pure pumpkin (real pumpkin-not can)
2 tablespoons of vanilla
1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Pre- heat oven at 350.
- In a saucepan heat 1/4 cup of water and 3/4 cup of sugar to make the caramel. When the caramel is golden brown, turn the heat off, and add the caramel to the baking pan. It will be SUPER hot.
- In a saucepan, mix the coconut milk with the evaporated milk and the remaining sugar. Just warm it up.
- In another bowl mix the pumpkin puree with the eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Add the puree mixture to the milk. Mix well. Then add to the baking pan.
- Place the baking pan into a bigger pan and cover half way with water. Then bake at 350 for 55 minutes.
- Once the flan is out of the oven, let it rest, until it reaches room temperature, then remove from the pan and place into a plate.